Quite a lot has happened since that date, so I've bulleted as much as possible below:-
- I sent a ranting email over the Graham MacDonald (CEO) of Caterham cars asking for my money back.
- Graham responded, was sorry for the way I felt, said he wanted to get all the facts from CC Midlands and would call me the next day.
- Graham called the next day, he apologised the for problems I've encountered and I agreed to having a further discussion with a view to Caterham Cars (CC) getting the car back in Dartford and giving it a thorough inspection.
- Simon Lambert contacted me to arrange a convenient time to meet up and talk things through, I said I was going away for a break and would contact him on my return.
- Got back a week ago (21st October 2015) and sent Simon Lambert a text to arrange our meeting.
- Nicely chilled from my holiday I met up with Simon Lambert at the North Star pub in Welwyn on Friday night (23rd October 2015) - perhaps a bit too chilled, but...
- We had a good long discussion about the situation and he came up with some options for me...
- CC will collect the car, take it back to Dartford, give it a thorough inspection, get the gearbox out and either replace it or send it off for a full re-work
- Get CC to remove the h-pattern box, and pay the extra for the Sadev sequential (it's not just a gearbox change, there's about an A4 sheet of parts that are needed, clutch, fly-wheel, new prop tons of different washers etc etc)
- Consider my options for upgrading to a 620R which would mean trading in my car and basically buying a new car (which I wouldn't have built)
- Chuck the towel in and get a refund.
So over to you... I'm pretty sure I know what I want to do, but I'm a firm believer it's always good to ask for others' opinions, so what do you think?
Please select one of the four options below and hit the vote button, or if you have any alternate ideas I should be considering please use the comment form below.