I've blogged in detail about the full build journey, and all the upgrades too, so on this 'For Sale' post I've decided to bullet everything down with links for info, pics etc from section (where possible).
First, a couple of pictures to 'whet the appetite':-
|The time has come - my Caterham R500 Duratec is for sale :-(|
|Drivers side view of my beloved Caterham R500 Duratec|
- Caterham R500 Duratec - Number 175 registered May 2014 in Porsche Riviera Blue with MacTac Semi Fluroescent Triple Stripes
- 4,620 Miles Covered
- Full Caterham Service History
- 255.1bhp @ 8,600rpm on rolling road
- Revised weight (Nov-2016) 530kg
- R500 WOT (Wide Open Throttle) private plate included
- Brand New set of CR500's on 8 spoke wheels with orange rims
- Stack Dash with quick release steering wheel
- Stone chip protection film on sides, nose, and rear wings
- Dry-Sump lubrication system
- 1.5kg LiFePo4 Battery including carbon cover and CTEK maintenance charger
- Lowered Floors (both sides)
- 12v Master Switch
- Four Point Harnesses (new style)
- Polished R500 Exhaust, downpipes and cat bypass pipe
- FIA Track Day Roll Bar
- Third Brake Light and integrated GoPro leads with stereo microphone
- Nitron One-Way Shocks with bespoke coloured springs
- Recent geometry setup by DPR along with TPS and brake pressure sensors fitted for VBOX
- Heat Insulated Pedal Boxes and Tunnel
- Carpeted Tunnel and Boot Lining
- Numerous appearances in Low-Flying magazine, and Auto Express!
I have to admit I did get a serious case of carbonitis - here's all of the included carbon goodies:-
- Carbon Nosecone (std)
- Westermann Carbon Headlights
- Carbon Front Wings (std)
- Carbon Bonnet
- Carbon Track Day Air Box with Air Filter
- Carbon Coil Cover
- Carbon Battery Cover
- Bespoke Pedal Box Cover, Knee Trim Panels, Fuse Cover / 12v socket holder, and fuel pipe cover
- Aeroscreen and Mirrors
- Carbon Dashboard (std)
- Carbon Handbrake
- Full 620R Carbon Fibre interior panels
- Carbon Fibre 620R seats
- Carbon Rear Wings (std)
- Carbon Rear Light Housings
- Carbon Vinyl Rear Boot cover (without hood sticks)
- Full Weather Gear including doors, wipers (and motor) hood sticks and additional carbon vinyl boot cover
- Set of 13 inch 8 spoke wheels and tyres on ZZR's (ZZR's have 1-2 track days left)
- Soft Bits for Sevens Light Weight Tonneau
- Painted Scuttle (without wiper and heater holes - was going to be for heater removal blog post)
- Raceco Silencer and Cat Bypass Pipe
- Polished Catalytic Converter with guard
- Standard Bilstein (wide-track) Shocks
- Original Aluminium Bonnet
- Original Interior Panels and carpet(s)
- Original 'donor' parts for bespoke carbon parts - pedal box cover, 12v fuse cover, knee trim panels and petrol pipe cover.
- Gearbox leak - this has been completely fixed by way of a new gearbox tail fitted by Caterham at the factory by Mick Atree, back in September 2016.
What's the condition?
- For anyone that hasn't followed this blog - I've discovered I have some sort of cleanliness OCD (joke! kinda!) so the car is absolutely MINT. Naturally I'm happy if anyone wants to come and inspect the car prior to making an offer.
- Looking over all the paperwork, it appears I've spent well in excess of an eye watering £60,000 on the car and all the upgrades! Which means you have the opportunity to effectively get a 'bargain' by making me an offer on the car....
- Well this is an interesting one... I've decided to leave the car 'up for auction' until the end of March 2017. I am welcoming offers over a minimum of £45,000 with the highest offer between now and the end of March securing the car, with all spares etc - I will not split the sale into car only. If the offer is good enough not to refuse, I may let it go early to the winning 'bidder'...
- I will want to create a final 'hand over' blog post, with a picture of the both of us handing over the keys, so I would like this to be part of the sales agreement.
- To make an offer on the car, please use the contact form on the top right of the blog - this will reach me directly, and I will confirm receipt of your offer within 24 hours. Please leave your mobile number and email address (check both are correct) when using the contact form.
|My beautiful R500 could soon be yours....|