Below are the poll results... and this is where we're at, results (based on todays date) are as follows:-
There have been lots of comments of (as always) varied opinions, a few emails and so on, but... and thankfully the majority of the voters went with what I'd already 'pre-chosen' to go with. I'll go into a little more detail below about my reasoning.
Starting with the lowest scored option first:-
Last: 46 votes / 20% - upgrade to a 620R
- For:- Faster, extra bhp, torque, newer and hopefully a non leaking gearbox :-)
- Against:- Couldn't build it, probably another ten or fifteen grand!
- As the car is eighteen months old, I think this was a bit ambitious and perhaps more a 'cry for help' than a genuine desire to get rid of the car... After all I built it, it's my first car build and I feel somehow 'connected' with it... It's special (to me), and I want it to be the best it can be, hence losing the plot when the box was leaking again.
- This was the closest 'next option' for me too... I seem to get the most pleasure out of the car on track, and why not go for the sequential gearbox? Well there's a few good reasons, firstly it was in the thousands to upgrade, secondly it wouldn't have been the spec I built, and thirdly this would no doubt take away some of the 'analogue fun' of blatting on the roads and general hooning around.
Number one: 69 votes / 30% - Stick with it and get the gearbox re-worked
- THANKFULLY... the majority were thinking the same as me, and this is what I'm going to do! I'm extremely grateful for everyone that voted, as this has helped back up my decision as the right thing to do....
I'd like to say a big thanks to Simon Lambert for coming back to me with a lot of answers to my questions, and helping to (hopefully) get the show back on the road...
I'll post again when the car is collected next week - watch this space...