Which means the car is literally coming together right now... It should be registered by the DVLA tomorrow with the car having it's final rebuild by Simon at CC midlands over the next couple of days... The seats and harnesses are being collected from Dartford tomorrow and should be fitted Wednesday. Interestingly with the 620R seat runners CC have a slightly different mounting point than the standard Tillets, which means there'll be an extra set of drill holes, but this is ok - out of sight out of mind and all that... Similarly to where the lowered floor meets the body panels, I'll ask to get the now unused holes filled with a touch of black silicone.
A couple of the exhaust primaries were scuffed - again right out of the box, but Dean agreed to get the scuffs polished out and these have now been fitted:-
|Caterham R500 exhaust primaries now sparkling!
|Caterham R500 exhaust primaries
- Swap windscreen for aero screen and fit mirrors
- Remove cat and put cat bypass pipe in place
- Remove any IVA trim I don't need
- Exchange rear light units for carbon light blocks
- Replace indicator bulbs and lenses for clear versions
- Fit carbon headlights (now back from manufacturer looking very nice indeed)
- Fit carbon tax disc holder
- Fit carbon handbrake handle (not too sure I want to do this right now, may leave it for a week or so)
- And finally - inspect every minor detail with a magnifying glass and moan to Dean about any issues (joking) :-)
|Caterham carbon accessories including headlights, rear light blocks, handbrake lever and tax disc holder