I set out to fit the boot carpets, rear bulkhead carpets, interior carpets and to fit the harnesses and boot cover. I thought I'd just do a quick bit of prep on the radiator and fitted the rubber blanking pieces, and used a dab of superglue to hold them in place as per Derek's recommendation.
|Blanking rubbers attached to radiator cowl.|
|Rear bulkhead carpets.|
|Ever Build Stick 2 Contact Adhesive.|
I started with the middle triangle, sprayed the metal and the rear of the carpet, waited a minute or two for the adhesive to go nice and tacky and adhered it with no problems, aside from a little overspray of the adhesive on the square metal tubes.
|Rear middle carpet triangle stuck in position.|
I decided to mask up the square tubes so I wouldn't get any further overspray when spraying the adhesive into the remaining areas.
|Square chassis tubes masked prior to adhesive being sprayed in.|
So the rear bulkhead carpets were done, and then it was onto the side boot carpets. But as I've not fitted the rear wings yet, I've had to leave this until tomorrow (hopefully).
|Carpeted boot, but only rear bulkhead is stuck down for now.|
Next step for the evening was to fit the carpet behind the rear seats. I decided to familiarise myself with how the harnesses fitted prior to cutting the holes in the top of the carpet. Opened the passenger side harness, and it seemed ok, but one of bottom of the shoulder straps seemed a little blue... I've got the 620R harnesses so they are a little different to the standard ones. Then opened the drivers side pack and they instantly seemed to be a different colour.
|Different colour shoulder straps.|
It also seems that the bottom of the left hand passenger shoulder strap is blueish too. Can't live with this, so will fit them tomorrow but ask for another pair to be sent out on monday.
TNT should arrive first thing in the morning with all the bits Derek has sent me, so I'm expecting to be busy all weekend.