Whilst watching the F1 qualifying TNT arrived with my pack of bits from Derek.
|Bits from Derek included fasteners for the radiator and cooling, new carbon sill protector as they're not symmetrically aligned currently so need to refit one, new brake calliper and shorter stone chip guard for the passenger side rear wing.|
I wanted to finish off the brake callipers, so fitted that. Aside from handbrake cables, filling the brakes with fluid and bleeding them the brakes are done - I think!
|Drivers side rear calliper fitted and copper brake line bent into position.|
|Warming rubber trip using fan heater prior to shaping and cutting.|
|Using the Dremel to open up the watts link arm locator holes.|
|Wing attached with rubber held in place with masking tape that I removed later.|
|Both wings fitted for measuring up, along with the carbon stone protectors.|
|Carbon rear wing marked with holes for stone chip guards, masked and being drilled.|
|First rear wing fitted.|
|First carbon stone chip guard fitted.|
Once they'd left I got back to work and fitted the drivers side wing and stone chip guard. I somehow made a very slight error on the rivets, so drilled a few of them out and re-fitted them, but I'm now five short, so I'll have to get (CC) Derek to send me some more on Monday.
Now that the rear wings were fitted it was onto fitting the boot carpet sides and rear. The contact adhesive I'm using is very strong if somewhat stringy, so I masked up the areas to be covered before spraying. Plenty of contact adhesive applied to the rear of the carpets and inside of the boot panels, and then fitting. The fitting was a little more tricky than expected as the shapes of carpet were a bit awkward, but I got there in the end.
|Boot sections masked to avoid overspray of contact adhesive.|
|Carpeted boot and aero fuel filler cap fitted.|