- Excitement - the car was due today
- Elation - it arrived
- Disappointment - my wheels are different, the stickers didn't look right
- Frustration - where's my build manual so I can check what I'm supposed to have?
- Irritation - where's my hood, doors, petrol pump, harnesses, seats?
- Realisation - that what everyone had mentioned on the forums in terms of missing parts was correct and just part of the 'experience'
I've made a time lapse video of the unloading which can be watched below:-
I'll be adding pictures and my progress later on today..
So it's later on, and here are some of the pics...
|Ian's Caterham delivery van|
|The first sight of my R500!|
|Being unloaded via trolley and winch|
|Rear view of the unloading|
|In place initially resting on the wheels|
|Then gets lifted onto the axle stands|
|The R500 Stack Dash|
|Petrol Tank keys - shame the fuel pump is missing..! Along with the hood, doors, build manual to name a few|
|mmm, lovely carbon bits..|
|There should be 263bhp right there... Well I hope it's the R500 engine!|
|DO NOT DROP IT WHATEVER YOU DO!|
|A job well done - let's hope I can say that about the build in a couple of months time..!|
|This is all the boxes you get - less than I thought there'd be - even excluding all the missing items.|
|Track Day Roll Bar|
|Rear Brake Discs|
|Front uprights with discs, callipers and pads|
|Inside the suspension box|
|Cooling hoses and fan mount|
|Dry Sump Tank and pipes|
|All sorts of bits in this box, exhausts, prop shaft, cycle wing holders the list goes on and on|
|Weather gear (minus hood), tunnel cover, carpets and floor mats|